Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Letter to someone I admire.

Dear Gretchen,

I thought i'd drop you a line to say how much I love and admire you.

Sure, your face is the polar opposite of symmetrical, (same with your boobies) your lazy left eye is always looking elsewhere, you're overweight and flabby. You don't dress your age or era. In fact I'm not sure you dress anyone's age or era but that's beside the point. You're rude, abrupt, sarcastic, socially awkward and think others would be better off listening to you.

To be honest I don't know how people can stand to be around you...well actually I'm not being honest because I do. You possess qualities I wish I had. You are honest to a "T" and are not afraid to speak your mind. You're naturally funny and not afraid of being so at any moment no matter the consequences. You're also lucky this has never gotten you into trouble.

Gretchen, I admire you because although I know you have a lot to deal with, personal demons and real life physical ones too, you live as though you've never known fear. You uphold the right, you fight evil, even when you hold evil within you. You are selfless and are not afraid to help those in need before yourself. You are one of my visions of what a true hero is. And while the mocking is all in good fun, (I wrote you that way after all) I am saddened by your true strength because it is not strength I have myself; I can only write of it through you.

Loz

No comments: