Friday, April 3, 2009





I saw this and thought it was good. Highlighting a problem by showing it in action. The advert said that 2 women die from domestic violence every week but we never really hear about.
In class a few weeks ago we watched a documentarie called Beyond beats and rhyms and has a similar disturbing message. One of the statistics said that more than 700,000 women are sexually assaulted each year in the U.S one woman every 45 seconds. Scary stuff
Then in class today someone showed the video showcasing women seen as objects in a sports wear advertisement. I think this video shows a stark contrast.

1 comment:

Jamin said...

Loved the clips! Although being a ginger myself I must admit I didn't know that we were a problem. Makes me want to start a movement for Gingers across the globe. Maybe it will become an online phenomenon.

It's been a great class. Hope you have a good summer.