Saturday, April 2, 2011

Updates on previous X-related posts


So It's been a while since I posted and I have a ton of things to say, but I'm gonna break it all up into relevant posts. 

X-Men: First Class: Saw the trailer. I really liked it. Still have same reservations but now I'm excited for Banshee. Here's two reasons why.



 New Mutants: Fall of the mutants.


This had some really great, satisfying scenes, but Emma stone got it right; "Not with a fizzle but with a bang," New Mutants got that the other way round in the scenes that I thought were more important. The pages featuring the entire cast of X-Men could have been replaced with more New Mutants scenes. Especially a crucial missing scene with the Remaining Inferno babies. 

I can't believe Cannonball killed all of them. Especially Toko who is supposedly invulnerable. Something happened that we missed out on. I hope this is revisited later. At least Sunspot is feeling himself. His little smile at having Magma finally return his affection was amusing, but I guess they need something light after their ordeal. This story ended with a fizzle, when it could have ended with a BANG.

Everyone had at least one satisfying moment but in some cases it wasn't enough where the whole of the story was concerned.

As a last note. I'm enjoying Age of X. Excited for the shake-ups to the line-ups it will bring.

No comments: